Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Personal Blog 2

After the Japanese earthquake and tsunami tons of debris from both events ended up in the Pacific Ocean.  On the link that I found it states that 20 million tons of debris from Japan’s tsunami is moving toward Hawaii.  I believe that most of the debris will most likely sink to the bottom of the ocean due to aging and exposure to the water. 

The article also states that crew members from the Russian training ship the STS Pallada spotted debris a few thousand miles from Japan.  People could see all kinds of debris passing Midway islands, like appliances and furniture. 

This is another issue that could happen from all kinds of disasters.  It leads me to think about Hurricane Katrina or the BP oil spill.  Could follow in one of my next few blogs as a I think about these things randomly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment